THE LITTLE HOUSE
Little House falls within the Conservation Area and the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The original part of the house was built pre-1884, with the current extended house and garage added in the late 1960s and a second storey added over the Utility in the late 1970s.
Little House is not listed, however the original part of the house was built in the Georgian style in the mid- late1800s with more recent extensions added from 1966 onwards in a similar style, materials and appearance. The proposed changes to the property have been minimal to the original structure and principal elevation, retaining appearance and character, continuing to provide a familiar and positive contribution to the street scene without imposing negative strains on the local environment.
Our brief is to improve the existing layout by introducing a comfortable flow, improve insulation and energy efficiency, make use of natural light, improve the kitchen, living areas and bedroom areas whilst maximising on the views over the rear garden and also an extension of an Orangery to be included.